From our Popular Recipe results for Baklava
Low Fat Low Cal Baklava Recipe – Category: Low-Fat
- 1/2 pound shelled pistachio nuts, ground
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rose water
- 1/2 pound filo dough
- 1/2 cup low-calorie margarine, melted
- rose water syrup
- whole cloves (optional)
- Combine pistachio nuts, sugar, cinnamon and rose water in small bowl.
- Using half of filo sheets (cover remaining with plastic wrap to prevent from drying out),.
- Place 3 sheets in bottom of lightly greased 13×9 baking sheet.
- Brush with some of margarine.
- Sprinkle evenly with nut mixture.
- Place remaining sheets over nut filling, brushing after every third sheet and top sheet
- Cut baklava at 1-1/2 intervals diagonally to form pattern of about 35 diamond shapes.
- Bake at 400F for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Place on wire rack to cool.
- Drizzle Rose Water Syrup evenly over top and allow to soak several hours.
- Stud each diamond-shape with whole clove.