Recipe Category: Sauce
- 2 cups leftover meat or ground beef
- (seasoned with salt and pepper)
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 6 large cabbage leaves
- 1/4 cup tomato puree
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown meat and onion in a heavy skillet over low heat.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix in thoroughly celery, rice, horseradish, mustard and egg.
- Cook cabbage leaves for 3 minutes in boiling salted water.
- Place meat mixture on cabbage leaves.
- Roll and fasten with toothpicks.
- Place close together in greased baking dish.
- Pour tomato puree and water over cabbage rolls.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove cabbage rolls.
- Pour sour cream into liquid remaining in baking dish.
- Serve over cabbage rolls.