Recipe Category: Chicken
- Serving Size : 4
- 1/2 pound fresh spinach – stems removed, washed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 whole large onion – cut into rings
- 2 whole chicken breasts – cut into 2″ pieces
- 6 ounces mushrooms – sliced
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 Pinch garlic powder
- 4 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese – grated
- Steam spinach until wilted, drain and chop.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in large skillet and saute onions until golden.
- Remove onions with slotted spoon, mix with spinach and place in buttered casserole.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to skillet.
- Brown chicken and remove to warm plate.
- Saute mushrooms in remaining butter and remove to plate with chicken.
- Add wine to pan and then stir in flour.
- Slowly add sour cream and stir until hot and thickened.
- Add chicken, mushrooms, and garlic powder.
- Place on spinach, sprinkle with cheese and bake uncovered at 350 for 20 to 30 minutes.