Popular Recipes in the category CURRY
- Low Fat Curry Salad Dressing Recipe
- Crock Pot Curry Coconut Chicken Slow Cooker Recipe
- Delicious Tofu Coconut Curry Indian Recipe
- Delicious Black Lentil Curry Indian Recipe
- Sour Cream Lentil and Egg Curry Recipe
- Keto Baked Sole in Creamy Curry Sauce Recipe
From our Popular Recipe results for Chicken Korma Recipe
Low Fat Chicken Curry with Rice Recipe – Category: Low-Fat
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil, preferably canola
- 6 skinless chicken thighs, fat trimmed
- 2 cups finely chopped onions, about 3 medium onions
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons curry powder, preferably madras
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper, or to taste
- 2 cups defatted reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 15 ounces chickpeas, drained and rinsed, 1 1/2 cups
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- lime wedges, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Soak rice in cold water for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until browned on all sides, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Reduce the heat to low, add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil and heat until hot.
- Add onions and cook, stirring, until light golden, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, ginger, curry powder, coriander and ground red pepper; cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium-high; stir in chicken broth, chickpeas, tomatoes and the soaked and drained rice; bring to a simmer.
- Nestle the browned chicken pieces in the rice.
- Cover and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the rice is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove the chicken pieces and stir peas into the rice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Set the chicken back on the rice, and sprinkle with cilantro, if using.
- Serve with lime wedges.
- Makes about 8 cups, for 6 servings.
- Calories per serving: 23 grams protein, 10 grams fat2 grams saturated fat, 54 grams carbohydrate; 695 mg sodium; 46 mg cholesterol; 8 grams fiber
Full List of Curry Recipes
Recipes similar to Chicken Korma Recipe Keyword=curry
- Egg Curry Recipe
- Red Curry
- Japanese Chicken Curry Slow Cooker Recipe
- Sag Panir Indian Recipe
- Prawn Biryani Indian Recipe
- Healthy Vegetable Coconut Curry Indian Recipe
- Coconut Spiced Cabbage with Mustard Seeds Indian Recipe
- Fruity Curry Dip Recipe
- Sweet and Sour Split Pea Soup Indian Recipe
- Peas in Coconut Curry Indian Recipe
- Chicken Curry With Coconut Milk Jamie Oliver
- Curried Butternut and Red Lentil Soup Recipe