Recipe Category: Chicken
- Serving Size : 4
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts *
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup broccoli forets
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 ounce snow peas (about 1/2 c)
- 2 teaspoon imported soy sauce
- 1 med carrot thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon white or rice vinegar
- 1/2 med red or green pepper **
- hot cooked rice
- 1 env golden onion soup mix
- * Chicken breasts should be cut into thin strips.
- ** Sweet pepper should be cut into thin strips.
- In large skillet, heat oil and cook chicken with vegetables over medium- high heat, stirring constantly.
- 10 minutes or until chicken is golden and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Thoroughly blend golden onion recipe soup mix, cornstarch, ginger, water, soy sauce and vinegar; stir into chicken mixture.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer uncovered t minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Serve over hot rice and garnish, if desired, with sliced green onion and toasted sesame seeds.
- MICROWAVE Omit oil and degrease ginger to 1/4 t.
- In 2-quart casserole, heat chicken, uncovered, at HIGH (Full Power) 4 minutes or until almost done; remove chicken and drain.
- Add vegetables to casserole and heat uncovered 5 minutes at HIGH (Full Power).
- Thoroughly blend golden onion soup mix, cornstarch, ginger, water, soy sauce and vinegar; stir into vegetables.
- Heat uncovered 5 minutes on HIGH (Full Power) or until sauce is thickened, stirring once.
- Return chicken to casserole and heat 1 minute or until heated through.
- Let stand covered 5 minutes.
- Serve and garnish as above.