From our Popular Recipe results for Chicken Pesto Pasta
Crock Pot Pesto Salad Slow Cooker
- 1 lb organic boneless chicken breasts (3 or 4 pieces)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 white onion, chopped cup organic chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- dash of salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup cashews, walnuts, or nuts of choice
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil garlic clove
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- dash Himalayan sea salt, to taste.
- dash Freshly ground pepper, to taste.
- dash red pepper flakes.
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Place the chicken breasts along with the broth in the crock pot and add garlic, onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper to it
- Cook on high for 3 hours and then remove the chicken and shred it
For the pesto sauce, combine all the sauce ingredients other than the oil in a food processor and pulse it until it is ground
- Add the oil and pulse again
- Combine the chicken and the sauce in a bowl
- Toast the pine nuts for around 3 minutes in a pan
- Top the salad with the pine nuts and refrigerate for some time