Recipe Category: Chicken
Serving Size : 10
- 12 pieces Lasagna – uncooked
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts – diced
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced spring onions
- 1 cup frozen green peas – thawed and well drained
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 15 ounce car low-fat Ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated part-skim Mozzarella cheese – divided
- 1/2 cup grated reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Spray a Dutch oven or large skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add chicken and saute 4 minutes or until cooked through.
- Drain well and set aside.
- Recoat Dutch oven with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add mushrooms, carrots and onions; saute 6 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Place flour in a medium saucepan.
- Gradually add milk, stirring with a wire whisk until blended; stir in sherry.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook for 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Stir in salt and red pepper.
- Reserve one cup of sauce and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine Ricotta cheese, 1 cup Mozzarella cheese and Swiss cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350:F
- Spread 1 cup of the sauce over the bottom of a 13 W 9 W 2-inch pan.
- Arrange 4 pieces of the lasagna (3 lengthwise, 1 widthwise) over the sauce.
- Top with half of Ricotta cheese mixture, half of chicken mixture and half of remaining sauce mixture.
- Repeat layers, ending with 4 pieces of lasagna.
- Spread reserved 1 cup of sauce over the last complete layer of lasagna, being sure to cover the lasagna completely.
- Cover lasagna with foil and bake 1 hour.
- Uncover lasagna, sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese on top and bake an additional 5 minutes uncovered.
- Re-cover and let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Popular Chicken Recipes
Full List of Chicken Recipes
Popular Dutch-Oven Recipes
Full List of Dutch-Oven Recipes