From our Popular Recipe results for Chicken Rice Casserole
Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Serving Size : 8
- 8 chicken breast halves – boned
- 1/2 cup butter – divided
- 1 pound mushrooms
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup mushroom soup
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 small can pimento
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 16 ounce pack Wild and Long Grain Rice
- 1 package slivered almonds
- In large saucepan, place chicken, water, onion, celery and salt.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer on low heat 1 hour.
- Remove skin and cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Strain liquid and use to cook rice according to package directions.
- In large frypan, place 1/4 cup of the butter over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and saute.
- Stir in soup and sour cream.
- Add rice, chicken, pimento and water chestnuts.
- Place in casserole; sprinkle with almonds and remaining butter.
- Bake in 350 degree F oven 1 hour.