From our Popular Recipe results for Chicken Steak
Chicken Fried Steak
- Serving Size : 6
- 1 pound cube steak
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Black pepper
- Season 1/2 cup flour with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pat cube steaks dry with paper towel and dredge in seasoned flour.
- Put aside while preparing batter.
- Beat egg with milk, then gradually add remaining 1 cup flour, beating constantly to make a smooth, thick batter.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a fryer to 370 degrees.
- Dip steaks into batter and place in hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown, turning once, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Be sure to heat oil back to 370 degrees between batches.
- Drain on paper towels before serving.
- Serving Ideas: Serve with chicken gravy, mashed potatoes, biscuits.