From our Popular Recipe results for Chicken Tenderloin Recipes
Low Fat Chicken Breasts with Pineapple and Chili Sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, about 1 1/4 pounds
- 1/4 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- l2 ounces fresh chunk pineapple
- 1/2 cup orange juice, approximately
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 habanero chili pepper, seeded and minced, or scotch bonnet chili pepper , or 2 jalapeno chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, or parsley
- To flour and cook chicken breasts, follow Basic.
- Drain juice from pineapple into a measuring cup.
- Add enough orange juice to total 3/4 cup.
- Stir in cornstarch and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add drained pineapple chunks and sugar to the skillet.
- Cook, stirring, about 3 minutes, or until the pineapple begins to brown.
- Add chilies and garlic and cook, stirring, about 1 1/2 minutes, or until the garlic begins to color.
- Stir the reserved juice-cornstarch mixture again and add it to the skillet.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook about 4 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and cooked down slightly.
- Stir in cilantro and spoon the sauce over the chicken breasts.
- Per serving: About 236 calories, 22g protein, 22g carbohydrate, 6g fat, 23% calories from fat, 57mg cholesterol, 635mg sodium, 1g fiber