From our Popular Recipe results for Chicken Vegetable Soup
Low Fat Chicken-Vegetable Soup
- 1/2 cup ditalini macaroni, or small elbow macaroni
- 6 cups canned chicken broth
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded, and cut into chunks
- 4 carrots, trimmed, peeled , chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 small onions, peeled and trimmed
- 4 ounces haricots verts, thin, short green beans , ends trimmed
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup shredded roast chicken, optional
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves – cut into thin strips
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- olive oil, to taste
- grated parmesan cheese, optional
- In large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until a dente.
- Drain and refresh under cold water; reserve.
- In medium saucepan, combine broth, tomatoes, carrots, onions, haricots verts, zucchini and garlic.
- Cover and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Add chicken, basil, salt and pepper.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in olive oil.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
- Makes 8 servings.
- Preparation time: About 45 minutes.
- Cooking time: About 20 to 25 minutes.
- Per serving: About 140 cal, 10 g pro, 15 g car, 5 g fat, 31% cal from fat, 2 mg cholesterol, 1568 mg sod, 2 g fiber.