Recipe Category: Chicken
- Serving Size : 4
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons olive oil – divided
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 (1.8 ounce) leek soup mix
- 1/3 cup Marsala wine
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms – sliced
- 1 (7 ounce) ja roasted red peppers – drained, cut into 1-
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese – divided
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese – cubed
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped dill
- 4 cups hot cooked linguine
- 2 tablespoons lightly toasted pine nuts
- 1 starfruit – sliced and seeded
- Dill sprigs
- Cut each chicken breast half almost in half horizontally, taking care not to separate.
- Open each half, place between sheets of plastic wrap and gently flatten to uniform thickness.
- In shallow plate, mix together flour, pepper, garlic powder and salt; dredge chicken in mixture to coat evenly.
- In large nonstick frypan over medium-high heat, place 2 teaspoons of the olive oil.
- Place half of chicken in pan and cook about 3 minutes on each side to brown; remove from heat and keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining oil and chicken.
- To frypan, add chicken broth.
- Gently whisk in leek soup mix, blending completely.
- Add Marsala wine and mushrooms; cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in roasted peppers, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese and cream cheese.
- When sauce is smooth, remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and dill.
- On large serving platter, arrange linguine.
- Spoon about 2/3 of sauce over the pasta; top with chicken.
- Drizzle remaining sauce over chicken, sprinkle with pine nuts and remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
- Garnish with dill sprigs and starfruit.