From our Popular Recipe results for Chickpeas
Easy Chickpea Curry Indian
- 1 can Chick peas (also called garbanzo beans) (Progresso is a good brand.)
- 1 large Onion chopped finely
- 2 medium sized Potatoes (optional)
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 2 or 3 pods Cardamom
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tblsp Garam Masala
- vegetable Oil.
- If you are using the potatoes, start boiling them in a saucepan.
- Let them boil for at least 15 minutes.
- After they are done, turn off the heat and let them stand in the water.
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat the oil in a wide skillet until it is very hot.
- Add the mustard seeds and wait until they start popping.
- Add bay leaves, cardamom and cloves.
- Mix around for a while and then add onions.
- Wait untill the onion starts to turn golden before adding the rest of the spices (except for the Garam Masala).
- Add chick-peas with all the liquid.
- Cut up the potatoes into bite sized pieces and add to the skillet.
- Add Garam Masala.
- Continue stirring the chick-peas under medium heat for 5-7 minutes without covering.
- Check the tenderness of the potatoes.
- If they are still too hard, add another 1/4 cup of water and cook for another couple of minutes.