From our Popular Recipe results for Christmas Cake
Veal in Avgolemono Sauce
- recipe for: Mosxhari Blanket Veal in Avgolemono Sauce
- Serving Size : 6
- 3 pounds veal leg-cut 2″ cubes
- water as needed
- 1/2 pound onions – chopped
- 1 tablespoon celery – chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley – chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 lemons – juice only
- salt to taste
- a few peppercorns
- Put meat into large pot and cover with water
- Add the onions, celery, parsley, and bay leaves, and simmer until tender about 1 hour.
- You should have about 3 cup stock
- Put meat back into the pot.
- Melt butter in another pot, add flour; blend in well.
- To this, add the meat stock add water to make a full 3 cup if necessary), and stir until thick
- Remove from the heat.
- Beat egg yolks and add lemon juice, beating it in well.
- Slowly add a little of the sauce to this, stirring constantly, and when it is well blended, stir the avgolemono mixture into the sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the meat, and shake the pot gently to distribute the sauce evenly.
- Serve hot.