From our Popular Recipe results for Colcannon
- Serving Size : 1
- 1 pound white or green cabbage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds white or red potatoes scrubbed, and cubes – (don’t peel)
- 2 medium leeks – split lengthwise and rinsed well
- 1 cup nonfat milk (or soy or rice milk)
- 1/4 teaspoon mace
- 2 cloves garlic – minced (2 to 3)
- 1 salt to taste
- Chop the cabbage and steam, using minimal water, until quite well done.
- Boil potatoes.
- Clean and chop the leeks, including the first couple of inches of green, put into a saucepan with the milk and simmer until tender.
- Drain potatoes, mash well, stir in milk with leeks, cabbage, mace and garlic.