From our Popular Recipe results for Deep Fried Keto Recipes
Keto Fried Artichokes
- 1 large artichoke
- olive oil.
- lemon wedges.
- Cut about 1 inch 2 cm off the top of your artichoke, trim the stem, and pull off the bottom few rows of leaves
- Now slice it vertically down the center
- You’ll see the choke-the fuzzy, inedible part at the center
- Using the tip of a spoon, scrape every last bit of this out (it pulls off of the yummy bottom part of the artichoke quite easily)
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat 1 inch 2 cm of olive oil over medium-high heat
- When the oil is hot, add your cleaned artichoke, flat side down
- Fry for about 10 minutes, turning over halfway through
- It should be tender and just starting to brown a bit
- Drain on paper towels or a brown paper bag
- Serve the artichoke halves with lemon wedges to squeeze over them and salt to sprinkle on them to taste
Makes 1 serving grams of carbohydrates and 7 grams f fiber, for a total of 6 grams of usable carbs and 4 grams of protein