Recipe Category: Chicken
- Serving Size : 6
- 2 chicken breasts – skinned, boned, and
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 medium tomato – seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional grated Parmesan cheese for garnish – optional
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Cook in oil in large skillet until brown; remove and set aside.
- Cook onion, carrots and celery in butter in same skillet over medium-high heat until tender crisp
- Add rice; stir 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add wine; stir until absorbed.
- Stir in 1 cup stock.
- Cook, uncovered, stirring frequently, until stock is absorbed.
- Continue stirring and adding remaining 1 cup stock and 3 cups water, allowing each to be absorbed before adding another, until rice is tender and mixture has a creamy consistency.
- It will approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
- Stir in tomato, cheese and reserved chicken.
- Garnish with cheese, if desired.