From our Popular Recipe results for General Tso Chicken
General Tsos Chicken Recipe – Category: Copycat
Serving Size : 8
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3 pound chicken*
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup dark soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup dark soy sauce
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup salad oil
- 1/4 cup cooking sherry
- 2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 1/2 cup hot chicken broth
- 16 small hot dried peppers
- 1 tablespoon msg – (optional)
- 3/4 cup refined sugar
- To make Sauce, mix cornstarch and water together.
- Add garlic , ginger, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and wine.
- Then add broth and MSG and stir ’til sugar dissolves.
- Refrigerate ’til needed.
- In separate bowl mix chicken, soy sauce and pepper.
- Stir in egg.
- Add cornstarch until chicken is coated evenly.
- Add oil to help separate chicken pieces.
- Divide chicken in small quantities and deep-fry @ 350 until crispy and light brown.
- Do not overcook; watch temp, stir fry or meat will toughen.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Place a small amount of oil in wok and heat ’til just hot.
- Add onions and peppers and stir-fry briefly.
- Stir sauce; add to wok.
- Add chicken and cook just ’til sauce thickens.
Full List of Chinese Recipes