Recipe Category: Chicken
- 2 tablespoons macadamia oil
- 600g Range Chicken Thighs, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 long red chillies, finely chopped, plus extra sliced to serve
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons brown mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 400ml can coconut cream
- 500g broccoli, chopped
- lime juice, to taste
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- Heat half the oil in a large saucepan or wok over high heat.
- Add half the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until browned.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Add the remaining oil and the onion to the pan.
- Cook stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- Add the garlic, ginger, chilli, turmeric, mustard seeds, cumin and coriander.
- Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until aromatic.
- Add the coconut cream and the chicken.
- Bring to the boil.
- Partially cover and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
- Meanwhile, process the broccoli, in batches if necessary, in a food processor until finely chopped and resembling rice.
- Transfer the broccoli to a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover and microwave on HIGH for 2-3 minutes or until just tender.
- Remove curry from heat and season with lime juice and fish sauce, to taste.
- Sprinkle with the spinach and extra chilli and serve with the broccoli rice.