Recipe Category: Beef
Per serving: 303 Calories; 17.2g Fat; 5.6g Carbs; 0.9g Fiber; 32.4g Protein; 1.8g Sugars
- 2 tablespoons lard, room temperature
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut across grain into strips
- 1/2 yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup red cooking wine
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 fresh tomato, pureed
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Melt the lard in a stockpot over medium heat.
- Then, cook the meat until nicely browned on all sides.
- Then, add onion and garlic and cook until they are fragrant.
- Now, stir in the mushrooms and cook until they are tender.
- Add seasonings, wine, broth, tomato, and celery.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 50 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add sour cream; stir until heated through.
- Taste, adjust the seasonings, and serve warm.
- Bon appetit!.
- FISH & SEAFOOD