Recipe Category: Stew
Per serving: 351 Calories; 22.7g Fat; 2.7g Carbs; 0.5g Fiber; 32.3g Protein; 1.5g Sugars
- 2 tablespoons lard, room temperature
- 1/4 cup leeks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (1-inch) piece ginger root, peeled and chopped
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 pound pork stew meat, cubed
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 cups chicken broth
- sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup Creme fraiche
- Melt the lard in a saute pan that is preheated over medium heat.
- Then, cook the leeks, garlic, and ginger until aromatic, about 3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring periodically.
- Add the pork and cook an additional 3 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Stir in the tomato paste, broth, salt, pepper, paprika, and bay leaf.
- Cover and let it simmer over low-medium heat approximately 30 minutes.
- Stir in Creme fraiche; turn off the heat and stir until everything is well combined.
- Ladle into serving bowls and serve immediately.
Full List of Stew Recipes
Full List of Pork Recipes