Recipe Category: Low-Fat
- 2 catfish fillets, cut in strips
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, or 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 small jalapeno pepper, finely chopped, or 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups salad greens, washed, torn in bite-rite pieces
- 2 ripe tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1/2 ripe avacado, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup canned corn, fresh or frozen
- Place catfish fillets in a shallow bowl.
- In medium jar with lid, combine lime juice, cilantro, pepper, garlic, salt and olive oil.
- Shake to blend ingredients, then pour half over fish.
- Cover with plastic wrap; marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat broiler.
- Transfer fish to a broiler pan and broil 4 minutes on each side.
- Line four plates with salad greens; arrange fish, tomatoes and avocado on lettuce; top with corn.
- Chill, covered, for 2 to 4 hours before serving.
- Drizzle remaining dressing over each plate and serve.
- Per serving: About 231 cal, 19 g pro, 19 g car, 11 g fat, 38% cal from fat, 46 mg chol, 597 mg sod, 5 g fiber.
Popular Low-Fat Recipes
Full List of Low-Fat Recipes
Popular Lunch Recipes
Full List of Lunch Recipes