Recipe Category: Dinner
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can tomatoes
- 1 can kidney beans, undrained
- 3/4 cup uncooked rice
- tomato juice (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
- 3/4 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- Brown ground meat in oil until crumbly.
- Add garlic, salt, onion, green bell pepper and chili powder.
- Saute for 5 minutes or until vegetables are limp.
- Mix in tomatoes, kidney beans and rice.
- Add a little water or tomato juice as needed.
- Turn into a greased 2-quart casserole.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with olives and cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.