Popular Recipes in the category MOUSSAKA
- Moussaka-Style Potatoes Recipe
- Greek Moussaka Recipe
- Moussaka Potatoes Recipe
- Hearty Minestrone Soup Recipe
- Vegetable Minestrone Soup Recipe
- Low Fat Quick Double Tomato and Tortellini Soup Recipe
From our Popular Recipe results for Moussaka
Moussaka Recipe – Category: Dinner
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 pound ground beef or lamb
- vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 1/4 cups canned tomatoes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pare eggplant and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Sprinkle with salt and set aside for 30 minutes
- Rinse and dry thoroughly
- Brown meat in vegetable oil with onions and garlic
- Drain off the fat
- Add salt, seasonings, parsley, tomatoes and wine
- Cover and cook slowly for 30 minutes
- Mix in unbeaten egg whites and half of the crumbs
- Brown the eggplant slices in oil
- Sprinkle bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with remaining crumbs
- Cover with the eggplant
- Spoon meat mixture over the eggplant
- Pour Sauce over this mixture
- Top with cheese and bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes
- Melt butter.
- Add flour slowly, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Slowly stir in the milk.
- Return to heat and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Beat egg yolks well.
- Gradually stir yolks, salt and pepper into the sauce.
- Blend well.
Full List of Moussaka Recipes