From our Popular Recipe results for Pumpkin Bread With Chocolate Chips
Easy Whole Wheat Bread
Serving Size : 6
- 2/3 cup Water
- 3 packages Yeast
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 8 cups Scalded Milk
- 2/3 cup Shortening
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Molasses
- 2 tablespoons Salt
- 12 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- Dissolve yeast in 2/3 cup water while your milk is cooling.
- Dissolve 1 cup sugar in the hot milk.
- Stir all ingredients in large bowl, turn out and knead about 5 minutes, adding flour if needed.
- Knead about 5 minutes.
- Let rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Knead down and shape into 6 loaves, let rise until doubled in pans.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 40 minutes.
- Turn out on wire rack and let cool to cold before slicing, if you can.