Recipe Category: Dinner
- 2 large red bell peppers (about 3/4 pound)
- 2 large green bell peppers (about 3/4 pound)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 pound boiled ham, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- dash of pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (3 ounce)
- Carefully remove stem, with about an inch of surrounding pepper, from each pepper.
- Chop pepper from around stems to equal 2 tablespoons; set aside.
- Keeping peppers whole, remove and discard ribs and seeds.
- Stand each pepper upright in a microwave-safe muffin pan cup; set aside.
- In medium glass bowl, microwave butter on HIGH for 30 seconds.
- Add reserved chopped pepper, onion and ham; microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring after 1 1/2 minutes.
- Stir in flour, oregano and pepper until smooth.
- Gradually stir in half-and-half; beat in eggs and stir in 1/3 cup feta cheese.
- Spoon into the pepper cups, dividing evenly; microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining feta cheese.
- Microwave on MEDIUM 10 to 12 minutes, or until just set, rotating muffin pan a quarter turn every 3 minutes.
Makes about 4 servings.