From our Popular Recipe results for Rarebit
- Serving Size : 4
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup white wine; dry
- 2 1/2 cups monterey jack cheese; cubed
- 1 egg; lg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon basil; crushed
- 2 cups mushrooms; fresh, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Melt 1 tbl of butter in the top of a double boiler.
- Add the wine and heat, then stir in 2 cups of the cheese.
- Heat until melted.
- Add a little of the cheese mixture to the beaten egg and then add the egg mixture back into the cheese.
- Cook and stir about 1 minute.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and basil, set aside keeping the sauce warm.
- Saute the mushrooms in the remaining butter until just tender then sprinkle with the garlic powder and remove from the heat.
- Arrange toast points or triangles on individual heatproof plates.
- Spoon the sauce over the toast then top with the sauteed mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and broil until bubbly.