From our Popular Recipe results for Recipe For Bread And Butter Pickles
Easy Bread and Butter Pickles
- Serving Size : 1
- 3 pounds cucumbers
- 1/3 cup salt
- 5 cups cold water
- 1/2 pound onion
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 1/4 teaspoons turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon mace
- Cut cucumbers into 1/4″ slices.
- Put into glass or enamel container.
- Sprinkle with salt, cover with water and let stand overnight.
- In Morning drain well and put into enamel kettle.
- Add onions sliced thin, then vinegar, sugar and spices.
- Heat to simmering and simmer 4 minutes.
- Fill jars and seal.