From our Popular Recipe results for Recipe For Corn Salad
Hot Corn Salad
- Serving Size : 1
- 6 Ears fresh corn – up to 8
- green pepper – diced.
- red pepper – diced.
- 1 small bunch scallions
- 3 large fine carrots
- Olive oil
- Strip fresh corn then boil briefly, then refresh in cold water to stop the cooking.
- Cut off the kernels – about 3 cups.
- Film a large frying pan with olive oil and saute diced green and red peppers over moderate heat with scallions (trimmed and sliced on the bias).
- When barely tender, season and set aside.
- Peel carrots; shave 3 strips from each side with a vegetable peeler and drop then into a bowl of ice and water so they will from curls.
- The remains of the carrots, flat after their shaving, are seasoned with salt and pepper and slowly cooked in olive oil in a covered pan until just tender
- Shortly before serving, reheat the carrot pieces
- Fold the corn kernels into the pepper mixture, add a little fresh oil and heat through.
- Correct seasoning and turn into a platter, surround with the carrot curls, and serve.