Recipe Category: Italian
- Serving Size : 6
- 2 pound italian sausage (hot/sweet/both)
- 1 pound green bell peppers
- 3/4 pound spanish onions
- 30 milliliter garlic
- 1/2 pound canned mushrooms
- 3 cup italian tomato sauce
- Fry sausage until 3/4 cooked (about 15 minutes).
- Cut and core peppers and slice into strips.
- Peel and slice onions into strips.
- Fry pepper strips in sausage grease add oil if not enough grease.
- Fry about 5 minutes; add onions and continue frying.
- Chop garlic and add mushrooms and fry about 5 minutes.
- Add sausage and sauce and simmer on low until meat is hot, about 10 minutes.
- I usually serve this as a “hot” dish in a hot and cold buffet.
- It can serve as a main dish with a side of pasta or rice.
- Also makes a great hot sandwich on Italian bread, or great pocket sandwich on syrian (pita) bread.
- It also makes great table art when you drop it on a white tablecloth (smile).
- Its a very versitle dish can substitute with any kind of meat.