Recipe Category: Sauce
Serving Size : 4
- 1 1/2 pounds raw shrimp
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- juice of one lime.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup plain yoghurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- Shell and devein the shrimp.
- Rinse well and pat dry.
- Set aside.
- Heat the butter in a skillet and add the onion.
- Add the chili.
- Cook briefly and add the shrimp, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook, stirring often, about three minutes.
- Add the cardamom and cumin and stir.
- Add the lime juice, sour cream, and yoghurt.
- Bring gently to a boil stirring.
- Sprinkle with coriander and serve hot with saffron rice.