Popular Recipes in the category STUFFED-SHELL
- Stuffed Shells with Fennel Sauce Recipe
- Broccoli Stuffed Shells Recipe
- Low Fat Mexican Turkey-Stuffed Shells Recipe
- Spicy Eggplant Tempeh-Stuffed Pasta Shells Recipe
- Creamy Stuffed Pasta Shells Recipe
- Quiche Stuffed Peppers Recipe
From our Popular Recipe results for Stuffed Shells
Stuffed Shells with Fennel Sauce Recipe – Category: Pasta
Serving Size : 4
- 12 ounces pasta shells
- 2 large garlic cloves – minced
- 12 oz mushroom – coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper – finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt – optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb tofu
- 6 oz mozzarella cheese, fat free
- 1 cup scallions – thinly sliced
- 2 cups fennel bulbs – finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 can tomatoes, canned – 14-16 oz
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
PASTA: Cook Shells, Set aside, taking care to keep separate so they won’t stick.
FILLING: While the Pasta cooks, saute garlic.
- Add mushrooms, red pepper, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Cook until mushroom liquid evaporates.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- Add the Tofu and Cheese to the mushroom mixture, and toss to combine thoroughly.
- Press some of the filling into each of the cooked shells.
- Set the stuffed shells in a shallow baking dish that has been sprayed with oil.
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees F
SAUCE: Saute scallions for three minutes.
- Add the fennel, fennel seed, pepper, and salt, and cook the mixture, stirring often, another three minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes with their juice and the tomato paste, and cook the sauce 5 minutes longer.
- Pour the sauce over the stuffed shells, cover the shells with foil, sealing the edges.
- Put the shells in the hot oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil, and continue baking the shells for another 5 to 10 minutes, or until dish is heated through.