From our Popular Recipe results for Tandoori Chicken Recipe
Low Fat Tandoori Chicken with Raita Recipe – Category: Low-Fat
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 Cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 Teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 Teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 Clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/2 Cup chopped seeded pared cucumber (about 1 small)
- 1/2 Cup chopped seeded tomato, (about 1 small)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 Teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Trim fat from chicken.
- Cut chicken with grain into 1/4-inch strips.
- Mix remaining ingredients except Raita in medium glass or plastic bowl.
- Add chicken; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours but no longer than 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Thread chicken strips on eight 11-inch skewers,* leaving space between each.
- Set oven control to broil.
- Place skewers on rack in broiler pan.
- Broil with tops 3 to 4 inches from heat 7 to 8 minutes, turning once, until done.
For the Raita.
- Mix all ingredients
- Chill 1-2 hours
- Stir well before serving
- Soak skewers in water at least 30 minutes before using to prevent burning.
- Prepare chicken as directed-except thread on eight 12-inch bamboo skewers
- Cover loosely and microwave on high 7 to 9 minutes, moving the 4 outside skewers to center after 4 minutes, until done.
Full List of Dinner Recipes