As a milder backbend with many different options, this pose is a wonderful introduction to the benefits of back bending/chest-opening poses, which include increased relaxation, mental calm, and a sense of rejuvenation.
Sanskrit: Setu Bandhasana
- Lie faceup with knees bent, feet flat on the floor, and arms at your sides with palms facedown.
- Keep your feet parallel and hip-width apart, heels stacked under knees.
- On an inhale, activate through the legs and the glutes. Press the floor away with your feet and lift the hips off the floor toward the sky.
- If your shoulders are tight and you want more leverage, try holding the sides of your yoga mat and lifting your hips.
- You may also wish to interlace your fingers underneath your bridge and shimmy your shoulders under the chest.
- When you’re ready to come down, lift your heels up and slowly lower your hips back to the ground, one vertebra at a time.
Calories Burned in 15 minutes
Calories Burned in 40 minutes
Calories Burned in 45 minutes
Calories Burned in 1 hour 15 mins
Calories Burned in 1 hour 30 mins
Calories Burned in 2 hours