This pose leads us through an eight-limbed system, a coherent framework that has been handed down and elaborated upon for thousands of years. The Eight Limbs of Yoga, one of the cornerstones of a yogic lifestyle, is taken from the Yoga Sutras of Patañjali. Medical research, specifically in the fields of neuroscience and neuro-linguistic programming are starting to back up what Patanjali recommended.
Sanskrit: Ashtanga Namaskara
- Start in Phalakasana (Plank Pose).
- Bend your knees to the ground.
- Engage the bottom of your pelvic floor toning your tummy muscles.
- As you lower your chest, stretch your chin forward and bring your chin down to the ground.
- Lower your chest and pelvis a little, so you can also bring your chest down to the ground.
- Then press back into Balasana (Child’s Pose) for a couple of breaths.
Calories Burned in 15 minutes
Calories Burned in 40 minutes
Calories Burned in 45 minutes
Calories Burned in 1 hour 15 mins
Calories Burned in 1 hour 30 mins
Calories Burned in 2 hours