Important to start this pose with steady balance. Feet firm on the mat, the leg muscles are active and drawn up create a sense of balance in the body. Shift the weight of the body to balance on one foot. Spending some time finding balance while standing on the left leg. To further stabilize, place the left hand on the waist. This creates an overall sense of balance in the bod
Sanskrit: Utthita Hasta Padangustasana
- Start in Tadasana / Mountain pose
- On an exhalation, bring the weight on your left foot and lift your right knee up. Reach with your right hand for your big toe.
- Firm your left hip in and lengthen your spine. Keep your shoulders blades firmly on the back, and your chest open. As you inhale, start extending your right leg out to the front, without compromising the length in spine.
- Stay for about 5 breaths, then as you inhale, bring your leg out to the right and stay for 5 more breaths.
- To come out of the pose, on an inhalation, bring your leg back to the center. As you exhale lower the foot back to the floor.
- Repeat on the other side.
Calories Burned in 15 minutes
Calories Burned in 40 minutes
Calories Burned in 45 minutes
Calories Burned in 1 hour 15 mins
Calories Burned in 1 hour 30 mins
Calories Burned in 2 hours