Baddha Hasta Uttanasana (Dangling Pose/Rag Doll Pose) is a variation of Uttanasana (Standing Forward Fold Pose) with the difference in the position of the hands. In Baddha Hasta Uttanasana the arms are interlocked at the elbows making them dangle and hence the name Dangling Pose. Unlike in Uttanasana where the hands touch the floor, in Baddha Hasta Uttanasana the stretch at the shoulders, arms, chest for supporting the lungs and the heart, and neck helps the torso go deeper down, extending the spine. Hence this variation helps to build more flexibility with the spine. Ragdoll Pose (Dangling Pose) helps boost energy in the body and hence can be included in flow yoga sequences.
Sanskrit: Baddha Hasta Uttanasana
- Stand up, with the feet hip-width apart.
- Bend your knees and fold forward. Clasp the elbows with the opposite hands.
- Clasp the elbows with the opposite hands.
- Bend your knees a bit more and release your hands to the floor. Slowly roll up.
- You can place your hands onto your shins and come up halfway, then fold back down.
- Do this a couple of times, and when you feel ready, come all the way up with a straight back.
Calories Burned in 15 minutes
Calories Burned in 40 minutes
Calories Burned in 45 minutes
Calories Burned in 1 hour 15 mins
Calories Burned in 1 hour 30 mins
Calories Burned in 2 hours