Vasisthasana, or Side Plank Pose, strengthens your wrists, forearms, shoulders, and spine. It increases flexibility in the wrists and also opens the hips and hamstrings. This pose tones the abdominal muscles and improves balance, concentration, and focus. Vasisthasana is often used as a preparation for more challenging arm balances.
- Start in Downward-Facing Dog.
- Turn onto the outer edge of your right foot, making sure that your right foot and right hand are in alignment.
- Stack your left foot on top of your right.
- Lengthen through the spine through the crown of your head.
- Once you’re stable, lift your left hand up toward the sky.
- Press the floor away from you with the bottom hand.
Calories Burned in 15 minutes
Calories Burned in 40 minutes
Calories Burned in 45 minutes
Calories Burned in 1 hour 15 mins
Calories Burned in 1 hour 30 mins
Calories Burned in 2 hours