The Supported Shoulder Stand pose is an inversion that is often included at the end of a yoga practice in order to encourage cleansing blood flow throughout the body. Beginners may have difficulty and should look at wall assisted options before attempting this.
Sanskrit: Salamba Sarvangasana
- Start by down with your arms extended alongside your body.
- On an exhale, engage your core and lift the legs towards the sky.
- Press your palms firmly into the ground, raising the hips off the floor and extending the legs towards the space behind your head, entering Plow Pose.
- Keeping your elbows on the mat, move your hands to your lower back for support.
- Begin to lift your legs, pointing them straight to the sky and engaging the core. All of your weight should be in your shoulder blades.
- Press the back of your neck into the floor and focus on maintaining steady breaths. Hold this position for up to one minute.
Calories Burned in 15 minutes
Calories Burned in 40 minutes
Calories Burned in 45 minutes
Calories Burned in 1 hour 15 mins
Calories Burned in 1 hour 30 mins
Calories Burned in 2 hours