This is one more of the easy yoga poses and is often practiced as a part of the Surya Namaskar session. It is to be best practiced in the open air, early in the morning just suitable for its name. This is because of even trees like open air and the sunlight which they receive early in the morning. This yoga posture helps to increase focus and concentration. For this you need to stand on one foot while the other is locked behind the knees and your hands are raised above your head in a prayer pose.
- Start in Mountain Pose.
- Find a fixed point in front of you and stare at it to help you balance.
- As you inhale, shift the weight into your left foot and lift your right foot an inch off the floor.
- Using your right hand, bring the foot to your shin or inner thigh. Avoid placing your foot directly on the knee.
- As you exhale, ground through the standing leg and lengthen through the crown of your head.
- Bring your palms to touch in front of your sternum into prayer hands.
Calories Burned in 15 minutes
Calories Burned in 40 minutes
Calories Burned in 45 minutes
Calories Burned in 1 hour 15 mins
Calories Burned in 1 hour 30 mins
Calories Burned in 2 hours