To increase the length and strength of the arms in the pose, turn the palms and inner elbow creases to face the ceiling while you draw the shoulder blades down the back. Then maintaining the rotation of the arms, turn the palms from the wrists to face the floor again.
Sanskrit: Virabhadrasana II
- From Warrior I, hinge forward at the hips.
- Rest your abdomen on your front thigh.
- Step the back foot in and shift your weight into your front foot.
- On an inhale, lift your back leg off the ground, straighten through the leg, and reach through your back heel.
- Press your palms together in front of your sternum (prayer hands) and gaze forward.
- You can also place your arms along the hips, outstretched in front of you like you’re flying, or on the floor underneath your shoulders.
Calories Burned in 15 minutes
Calories Burned in 40 minutes
Calories Burned in 45 minutes
Calories Burned in 1 hour 15 mins
Calories Burned in 1 hour 30 mins
Calories Burned in 2 hours