If you want to burn off body fat faster and reach your full fitness potential, there is the wrong way of cardio that most people are doing, and a specific RIGHT way of doing cardio that actually empowers your body to burn substantially more calories in less time and improves stamina, power, and athletic performance. Fortunately, there is a simple and much more effective way to do cardio exercise. It’s called high-intensity interval training (HIIT). Unlike traditional cardio exercises that focus on burning calories DURING the exercise, HIIT workouts focus on burning more calories both DURING and AFTER the workout!
If your goal is to burn serious body fat, do not spend your time training individual muscles separately on those fancy gym machines. Instead, the first thing you absolutely need to do is start training multiple muscle groups at the same time. These types of exercise allow you to work freely with full range of motion, and naturally recruit multiple muscle groups, so you burn more calories at the same time.
Total-body exercises demand that more muscles be used at the same time. This triggers metabolic stress on your body – in a good way. Your body then naturally responds by producing a flood of fat-burning hormones. On the other hand, unless you have hours and hours to train each muscle individually every day, isolated exercises just ain’t gonna cut it because they don’t recruit enough total muscles or burn enough calories.
Best Exercise Machines for Cardio?
- Treadmill – Treadmills can be found at any gym and the calorie burn can be as intense or as minimal as you want.
- Rowing machine – A rowing machine uses the entire body making it an ideal piece of cardio equipment for fat burning.
- Exercise Bikes – Spinning classes have become a popular way to burn calories fast and a stationary bike gives you better control of your pace and difficulty level.
- Stair climber – a stair-climbing machine offers a grueling cardiovascular workout using some of the largest muscles in the body, like quads and glutes.
- Elliptical Machine – Low impact, making the activity less stressful on the ankles, knees, and back, geared to intensify weight loss, using intervals.