Difference between a Paleo Diet and a Keto Diet?
- The Paleo diet isn’t so strict on carb intake, ie fruits and starchy vegetables are fine with Paleo but the Keto diet excludes many vegetables and most fruit.
- The Paleo Diet doesn’t mean a big increase in fat. Your food can largely be fruits and veg with little or no added fat.
- Dairy is ok on Keto. Personally I would miss the dairy on Paleo!!!
- Keto has a specific agenda, ie to change your body’s fat burning process. Paleo is not so rigid.
- Keto means keeping a close eye on what you’re eating.
The paleo diet is an elimination diet based on the research of Dr. Loren Cordain. It is based on foods eaten by our ancestors 10,000 years ago before farming began.
The focus is on whole foods, fruits and non-starchy vegetables that are in season plus plenty of meat.
The keto diet uses the body’s ability to burn fat to fuel activity and weight loss by drastically cutting carbohydrates and increasing the ratio of fat and protein in the diet.
Keto diets force the body to use fat as its primary source of energy, a process called ketosis. If you’re going to be strict about the keto diet, you testing your urine regularly to make sure you’re in the zone for fat burning.