From our Popular Recipe results for Chicken Pot Pie With Biscuit Topping
Chicken Pot Pie
- Serving Size : 6
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion – chopped
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) p mixed frozen vegetables
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk baking mix
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- Heat butter in Dutch oven over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add onion, garlic, thyme, sage and pepper.
- Cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes until onion is tender.
- Add flour, cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes.
- Whisk in broth; cook, whisking 4 to 6 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens.
- Stir in vegetables; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in rice, chicken and parsley; cook, stirring 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Place in 2-1/2-quart casserole.
- May be prepared 1 day ahead.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Bring to room temperature before baking
- Combine baking mix, buttermilk and onions in medium bowl
- Gently stir, just until dough comes together.
- Form dough into 9-inch long log on lightly floured surface; cut crosswise into 6-1/2-inch rounds.
- Or roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 1/2-inch thickness and cut with different shaped cookie cutters.
- Top casserole with biscuits, spacing evenly.
- Bake in 425-degree oven for 20 minutes until filling is bubbly and biscuits are golden brown.
- Serve immediately.