From our Popular Recipe results for Coconut Chutney
Coconut Chutney Indian
- 2 cups of fresh coconut, shredded
- 10 dry red chillies
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- a large pinch of hing (asoefetida).
- 1/2 tsp methi(fenugreek) seeds
- 2 tsp udad dhal
- 2 tsp channa dhal
- 1 small tomato
- salt to taste
- Heat some oil and add the dhals, curry leaves, hing, methi and red chillies.
- Fry till done.
- Add this to the coconut and tomato and blend into a smooth paste.
- Add salt to taste.
- Goes well with dosas, idli and plain rice.