From our Popular Recipe results for Recipe For Buttermilk Biscuits
Basic Buttermilk Drop Biscuits
- Serving Size : 15
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs – lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 spray shortening and corn meal for coating pan
- Preheat oven to 425-.
- In a food processor or a large bowl,mix the flour with the salt,sugar,baking powder and baking soda.
- Cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture is textured like cornmeal.
- Separately mix the eggs with the buttermilk,and stir all but 2 tbs of this liquid into the dry mixture.
- Mix just enough to make a uniformly moistened dough.
- Drop spoonfuls of the dough onto a greased and cornmeal coated cookie sheet about an inch apart.
- Brush tops with reserved egg and buttermilk mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until puffed and brown,about 12 minutes.
- Cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Yields about 15 biscuits.