Popular Recipes in the category RIBS
- Keto Classic Barbecued Ribs Recipe
- Chipotle-Coriander Cured Ribs Recipe
- Moroccan Glazed Ribs Recipe
- Zinfandel-Braised Short Ribs with Salsa Verde Pressure Cooker Recipe
- Ribs Simmered in Thai Green Curry Paste Recipe
- Ribs with Spicy Tomato Glaze Recipe
From our Popular Recipe results for 3 2 1 Ribs
Spicy Pirate Ribs with Lemon Mop Recipe – Category: Barbecue
- 2 pounds country-style spareribs (with bone) or your favorite ribs
SPICY PIRATE RUB
- 4 cloves garlic — finely minced
- 18 allspice berries
- 1 piece cinnamon — (1 inch)
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chile powder
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons powdered mustard
- 5 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
SPICY LEMON MOP
- 1 tablespoon finely minced lemon zest
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chile sauce
- Place the ribs, meaty side down, on a flat surface.
- Using your fingernail, loosen a little of the membrane along the end of the last rib bone.
- Then, grasp the membrane firmly with a paper towel (so that the membrane doesn’t slip from your grip).
- Holding the ribs down with the other hand, pull the membrane away.
- If it doesn’t pull away in one piece, dislodge any remaining membrane, grip it with a paper towel, and pull the membrane away.
- Then place the ribs in a rectangular dish or baking pan.
- Rub the garlic over both sides of the ribs.
- Place the allspice, cinnamon, peppercorns, coriander; and cloves in a small ungreased saute’ pan over medium heat and toast until the spices just begin to smoke.
- Then grind the spices finely hi an electric spice grinder In a small bowl, combine the ground spices with the rest of the rub ingredients and stir to evenly combine.
- Using your fingers or a spoon, rub the rub evenly on both sides of the ribs.
- Marinate the ribs, refrigerated, for at least 5 minutes.
- For more flavor marinate for up to 8 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the Spicy Lemon Mop, and refrigerate.
- If using a gas barbecue, preheat it to medium (325F).
- If using charcoal or wood, prepare a fire.
- When the coals or wood are ash covered, push them to the outside of the grill.
- Place a pan of water in the bottom of the grill among the coals, and cover the coals with the cooking grate.
- Place a rib rack on the cooking grate and add the ribs.
- Alternatively, brush the cooking grate with a flavorless cooking oil, such as safflower oil, and then lay the ribs meaty side up in the center of the grill.
- Cover the grill.
- Regulate the heat so it remains at a medium temperature.
- Occasionally during cooking, baste the ribs with extra marinade.
- Grill the ribs until the meat begins to shrink from the ends of the rib bones.
Approximate Grilling Times.pork baby back ribs and country-style spareribs, 75 minutes; spareribs and beef ribs, 90 minutes; lamb ribs, 40 minutes.
- Occasionally during grilling, baste the ribs with the mop, stopping 15 minutes before removing the ribs from the grill.
- To serve, cut each side of ribs in half, into 3 sections, or into individual ribs.
- Transfer to a heated serving platter or 4 heated dinner plates and serve at once.
Full List of Ribs Recipes
Recipes similar to 3 2 1 Ribs Keyword=ribs