The cat pose is one of the most useful asanas to relieve backache. It is used in many sports (non-yoga) to improve posture and recover from injury. Its movement improves the flexibility and elasticity of the spine, thus resulting in a healthier back.
- Get on your hands and knees with your torso parallel to the floor and your arms straight.
- Inhale and bring your sternum forward, your shoulders back, and your head slightly up. As you exhale, compact the abdomen and bring your backbone towards the ceiling.
- Repeat the movement 5 to 8 times in sync with your inhaling and exhaling.
- Then rest, bringing your hips back towards your heels.
- Exhale, come back into a neutral position.
Calories Burned in 15 minutes
Calories Burned in 40 minutes
Calories Burned in 45 minutes
Calories Burned in 1 hour 15 mins
Calories Burned in 1 hour 30 mins
Calories Burned in 2 hours