In Four Limbed Staff Pose (Chaturanga Dandasana), staff is referred to as the spinal cord, which is the main support system of the body. This pose is one of the steps in the group of 12 yoga poses in Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation) and is considered as a powerful strength builder in the arms and abs. Chaturanga Dandasana helps boost energy in the body and hence can be included in flow yoga sequences.
Sanskrit: Chaturanga Dandasana
- From Plank Pose, shift forward onto your tippy toes.
- Ground through your palms and broaden across the chest. Take an inhale.
- On an exhale, bend your elbows to a 9-degree angle. Keep your thighs lifted toward the ceiling.
- Imagine stretching your tailbone toward your heels as you lengthen through the spine. Hold your elbows in line with the torso. Gaze forward.
- To come out of the pose, release your knees to the ground. You can also keep your knees lifted and lower down onto your stomach for an extra ab challenge.
- Another option is to lift up and back to a Downward-Facing Dog and relax.
Calories Burned in 15 minutes
Calories Burned in 40 minutes
Calories Burned in 45 minutes
Calories Burned in 1 hour 15 mins
Calories Burned in 1 hour 30 mins
Calories Burned in 2 hours