While practicing this pose our body looks like the shape of the camel, in Sanskrit, Ustrasana. This yoga asana is especially good for a back problem, relaxing mind, blood circulation, respiratory system, endocrine and nervous system. It helps to increase chest size and lungs capacity, brings flexibility in the chest, abdomen and neck. It is beneficial for asthma patient and helps in reducing fats from the stomach.
- Kneel on the ground with your shins hip-width apart.
- Press the tops of your feet into the mat.
- Rest hands on your hips, thumbs near your lower back.
- Take an inhale and press down into your shins.
- Elongate through the spine.
- On an exhale, reach your arms back toward your heels. Use the leverage to lift your chest up toward the sky and get a nice shoulder stretch.
Calories Burned in 15 minutes
Calories Burned in 40 minutes
Calories Burned in 45 minutes
Calories Burned in 1 hour 15 mins
Calories Burned in 1 hour 30 mins
Calories Burned in 2 hours